Willows Health and Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Euclid, Ohio. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Euclid. The city has just one other nursing home. We were surprised to find that this nursing home actually received one decent category grade for inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Willows Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This place had 4 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent danger to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility an F in the category of long-term care. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 94.04255 percent of its patients, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Willows Health and Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed is short-term care. This facility's was given a low-end short-term care score where it was given a lowly F. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. With a score in this range for this area, we were not shocked to learn this place was below average in the two key staffing metrics we focus on. It provided significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this facility's short-term care score.
Turning to our next area, this facility really did not fare very well in this area either. With a poor grade of F in nursing, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. Nursing scores are largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willows Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term residents that developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willows Health and Rehab Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.36 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 4.8 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.2.74 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center3.03 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid3.24 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Community Dialysis Center5.16 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Community Dialysis Center5.4 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis5.43 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program5.49 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East5.49 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004