With an address in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates is the sole option we were able to find in this area. We gave this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all nursing homes in the country. You simply can not do much better than this nursing home. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar report card is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Blue Bell senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A+. Nursing scores are primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates?
This nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Inspection grades are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is long-term care. In this area, we gave this facility a decent grade of B-. This was this nursing home's weakest category. With our long-term care rating, we weigh the quantity of care provided by a nursing home, as well as a handful of quality measures. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.14893 percent of its residents. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 0.43% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 17.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 15.03% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 0.88% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 98.82% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 14.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 11.56% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 11.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 15.69% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 83.65% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.72 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 5.16 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson2.85 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita North Wales Dialysis3.32 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton3.34 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale4.52 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.61 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East5.14 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall7.27 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington8.8 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595