With an address in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates is the sole option we were able to find in this area. We gave this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the country. You simply can not do much better than this nursing home. As you will see below, this place also performed well in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to note that this nursing home received an A for nursing. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many elite grades, this facility received a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A in this category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates?
Racking up another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned an A-. Few facilities fared better in this category. Inspection scores are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that category. This finalized a very strong profile. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 96.33028 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 3.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 88.22% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Ctskdcarectr Atnormandy Farms Estates, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.72 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 5.16 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson2.85 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita North Wales Dialysis3.32 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton3.34 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale4.52 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.61 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East5.14 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall7.27 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington8.8 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595