Spring House Estates is a very-small non-profit nursing home located in Ambler, Pennsylvania. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this facility is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we looked at. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top five percentile of all facilities in the nation. One of the major highlights of this facility's exemplary profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Spring House Estates
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Ambler senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Ambler, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important category. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ for its short-term care score. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is typically a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The last item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Spring House Estates?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we gave this facility a score of A for our long-term care rating. This is a first-rate score. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 95.652176 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In our last category, this facility also was given an impressive nursing score, with a grade of A-. This wrapped up a straight A profile. The nursing score analyzes many components, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these metrics as good measures of the quality of nursing care provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Spring House Estates Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Spring House Estates, 8.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Spring House Estates, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Spring House Estates, 21.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Spring House Estates, 4.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Spring House Estates, 5% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Spring House Estates, 97.83% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Spring House Estates, 20% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Spring House Estates, 4.13% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Spring House Estates, 76.32% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 1.77 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson3.74 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale5.29 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington5.48 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton5.53 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall5.68 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Davita North Wales Dialysis5.77 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Davita - Abington Dialysis6.09 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis6.26 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426