Willowbrooke Court-Southampton is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Southampton, Pennsylvania. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades that we offer. Based on our analysis, this facility is just about as as good as it gets. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Southampton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Southampton, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Southampton, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Southampton, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Court-Southampton?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. The nursing score weighs a number of subcategories. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that category. This finalized a very strong report card. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Court-Southampton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 6.55% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 1.47% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 19.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 14.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 100% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 10.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 14.11% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 0.41 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 14.11% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 3.14% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Court-Southampton, 75.13% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.98 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis1.61 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis3.83 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington4.02 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita - Abington Dialysis4.15 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis5.45 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast6.1 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC6.74 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis6.78 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788