With an address in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany is one of six available nursing homes in this city. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite facilities we found. This facility received one of the best ratings that we offer. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you'll find. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Palliative Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this area. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. It doesn't appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ for its short-term care score. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing ratings are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth area we analyzed was long-term care, where this facility was given a B+. This finished off a very favorable report card. Not many nursing homes earned a B+ or higher in each of our categories. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that have experienced falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 3.23% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 88.5% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Lansdale, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lansdale, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 7.05 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Davita North Wales Dialysis0.67 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale2.02 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson2.1 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton6.58 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.7.57 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East8.11 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown9.04 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis9.57 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950