With an address in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany is one of six available nursing homes in this city. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite facilities we found. This facility received one of the best ratings that we offer. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you'll find. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1001 Valley Forge Road,
Lansdale PA 19446
84.56% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Palliative Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Lansdale, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this area. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. It doesn't appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ for its short-term care score. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, we awarded this facility a score of A- for its long-term care grade. This is a very impressive score. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final category, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our nursing grade. This wrapped up a very impressive report card. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who have had a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 88.22% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Court Skilled Care Center at Brittany, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Lansdale, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lansdale, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 7.05 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Davita North Wales Dialysis0.67 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale2.02 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson2.1 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton6.58 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.7.57 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East8.11 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown9.04 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis9.57 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950