Lima Estates is a small non-profit nursing home located in Glen Riddle Lima, Pennsylvania. Featuring an overall rating of A, this is clearly a superb facility. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 100 nursing homes in Pennsylvania. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. This nursing home also received phenomenal scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility received nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to alert you to the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care area. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is more often than not a solid assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lima Estates?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this facility also excelled in the long-term care category. We gave it an A- in this category. This rounded out truly elite report card. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 83.941605 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is slightly less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lima Estates Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lima Estates, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lima Estates, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lima Estates, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lima Estates, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lima Estates, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lima Estates, 3.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lima Estates, 88.22% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lima Estates, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lima Estates, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Lima Estates, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lima Estates, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lima Estates, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.02 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 11.62 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Riddle Dialysis Center1.09 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.5.21 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis5.76 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Upland Dialysis Center5.91 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Davita - Woodlyn Dialysis6.24 miles away1310 Macdade Blvd. Woodlyn Pennsylvania 19094Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 833-1713
- Davita - Waverly Dialysis6.7 miles awayWaverly Square 407 Baltimore Pike Morton Pennsylvania 19070CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 690-1100
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.7.12 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester7.45 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103