Matthews Glen is in Matthews, North Carolina, a city with a population of 67,626 people. With an overall score of A+, this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as the number one nursing home in Matthews. As you can find below, this facility performed equally well in our category ratings. We gave it a straight A report card!
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Matthews, North Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Matthews, North Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Matthews, North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility performed well in our short-term care category. We gave them an impressive score of A+ in this category. In our short-term care score, we strive to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Matthews Glen?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this facility also excelled in the long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in this category. This completed a straight A report card. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Matthews Glen Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Matthews Glen, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Matthews Glen, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 13.44 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Atrium Health UnionAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away600 Hospital Dr Monroe North Carolina 28112Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 283-3100
- Rebound Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 17.71 miles away134 East Rebound Road Lancaster South Carolina 29720Proprietary(803) 313-3700
- Fresenius Medical Care Matthews0.97 miles away910 Park Center Drive Matthews North Carolina 28105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (704) 443-2973
- Dva Healthcare Renal Care, Inc.5.71 miles away11308 Hawthorne Dr Charlotte North Carolina 28227Dialysis Stations: 16 (704) 573-2549
- Fresenius Kidney Care Indian Trail5.82 miles away7862 Idlewild Road Indian Trail North Carolina 28079Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 628-0350
- South Charlotte Dialysis6.1 miles away6450 Bannington Road Charlotte North Carolina 28226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (704) 542-9499
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.6.21 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231
- Independent Nephrology Services Charlotte6.21 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 717-2825
- Charlotte East Dialysis6.34 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis6.77 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299