Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Boca Raton, Florida. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is clearly a first-rate nursing home. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top two percent of all facilities in the country. This also wound up being a very consistent facility with consistent scores in all four of our categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Boca Raton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Boca Raton, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ for its long-term care score. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.1831 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was short-term care. This facility performed remarkably in our short-term care category as well. We awarded them an elite score of A+ in this category. In forming these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Moving on to our next category, this facility also performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we gave it an A in this category. This topped off truly elite report card. There are a variety of subcategories within this grade. Most of these subcategories reflect staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents that experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 2.53% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 95.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Court at St Andrews, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 9.89 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.77 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton1.56 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis3.1 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC3.11 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc3.11 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Dialyze Direct Fl3.22 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.64 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- West Boca Dialysis Center3.7 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC4.18 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700