Country House is located in Wilmington, Delaware. The city has many options. Featuring an overall rating of A, this is without a doubt an elite facility. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 25 best nursing homes in Delaware. As you will see below, this facility performed equally well in our category ratings. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
4830 Kennett Pike,
Wilmington DE 19807
8.33% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wilmington, Delaware Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its first-rate achievements in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. This facility excelled in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Country House?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. In calculating a facility's nursing score, we assess the amount of time nurses are seeing patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Finally, this nursing home has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this category. This is one of the few nursing homes in the country to receive an A- or better in every single category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country House Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country House, 13.58 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country House, 77.07% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 10 other nursing homes
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 2.84 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 7.55 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.34 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Jennersville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away1015 West Baltimore Pike West Grove Pennsylvania 19390Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 869-1000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Brandywine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.64 miles away201 Reeceville Road Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320Proprietary(610) 383-8000
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center2.91 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington3.4 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Wilmington Veterans Administration Medical Center3.81 miles away1601 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 5 (302) 994-2511
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington4.01 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc4.32 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park4.52 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Fresenius Medical Care Northern Delaware, LLC.4.76 miles awayLantana Square Shopping Center 214 Lantana Drive Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 9 (302) 239-4704
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington4.82 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903