Located in Hockessin, Delaware, Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village is one of just three nursing homes in the city. This nursing home proved to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our grading scheme requires excellent scores across the board. In fact, this nursing home made our top 100 list of the best nursing homes in the country, which is just a phenomenal accomplishment. We also gave this facility phenomenal ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not look like we have information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received elite marks in the category of long-term care. Consequently, it received one of our highest scores in that area with a grade of A+. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.03846 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village?
Short-term Care Quality
In the third area we analyzed, this nursing home was given high marks in the area of short-term care. Consequently, it received one of our most impressive grades in that category with a of A+. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In our final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing score. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. The nursing rating assesses several data points, but the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 5.95% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 19.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 3.38% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 94.32% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 21.99% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 1.37 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 21.99 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 10.41 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Court at Cokesbury Village, 76.04% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 5.33 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.8 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Jennersville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away1015 West Baltimore Pike West Grove Pennsylvania 19390Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 869-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.41 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.99 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.77 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Brandywine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.73 miles away201 Reeceville Road Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320Proprietary(610) 383-8000
- Fresenius Medical Care Northern Delaware, LLC.2.01 miles awayLantana Square Shopping Center 214 Lantana Drive Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 9 (302) 239-4704
- American Universal - Hockessin2.29 miles away5936 Limestone Road, Suite 101 Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 11 (302) 239-4106
- Wilmington Veterans Administration Medical Center3.7 miles away1601 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 5 (302) 994-2511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington4.15 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Newport Pike4.7 miles away605 W. Newport Pike Wilmington Delaware 19804Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 633-6228
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine Home Therapies5.23 miles away4923 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Suite 210 Newark Delaware 19713Dialysis Stations: 3 (302) 998-7568
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center5.77 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Christiana Care Health System5.81 miles awayHemodialysis Unit, Christiana Hospital 4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, p.o. Box 6001 Newark Delaware 19718Dialysis Stations: 21 (302) 733-1020