Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce is one of four nursing homes located in Somerset, New Jersey. With an overall rating of A-, this facility is ranked among the more impressive nursing homes we looked at. This grade is even better than the city grade of A- in Somerset, which is also an impressive grade. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1165 Easton Ave,
Somerset NJ 08873
0.55% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall grade, we awarded this place an A+ for inspections. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its impressive performance in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A- for its long-term care score. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 95.93496 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. This facility was also able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Although it had 1.91 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than most nursing homes due to it having some more complicated patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of short-term care, where it was given a grade of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this area. In our short-term care score, we seek to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. It was above average in this area with 53.8 percent of its residents returning home.
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home was given an acceptable nursing score. While this isn't as dominant as some of its other grades, this is really not a major area of concern. We assessed the levels of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses worked with residents, in calculating our grade in this category. This place provides only 0 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below average. Lastly, we look at quality-based statistics, such as the percent of patients who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. These metrics are decent indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 5.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 92.7% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Somerset, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Somerset, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.3 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.57 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway0.1 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Dci Somerset2.2 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis2.24 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis2.44 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- New Brunswick Dialysis3.07 miles away303 George Street Ste G-8 New Brunswick New Jersey 08901CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 937-4791
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr4.22 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Davita Durham Corners4.82 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Dci North Brunswick Dialysis Ctr5.15 miles away105 North Center Dr North Brunswick New Jersey 08902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (732) 940-8368