William Penn Care Center is a senior living facility located in Jeannette, Pennsylvania, which has 18,836 people. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Jeannette. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
William Penn Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B for our short-term care score. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. Our nursing grade is based on a handful of subcategories, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a relatively low total compared with most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about William Penn Care Center?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This score is a more impressive than the facility's overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively insignificant. This facility was hit with 12 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, we gave this facility a grade of D for the area of long-term care. This was the nursing home's weakest category rating. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 95.54794 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
William Penn Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In William Penn Care Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In William Penn Care Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In William Penn Care Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In William Penn Care Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In William Penn Care Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In William Penn Care Center, 3.23% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In William Penn Care Center, 88.5% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In William Penn Care Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In William Penn Care Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In William Penn Care Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In William Penn Care Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In William Penn Care Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In William Penn Care Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 16.5 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- Allegheny Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.66 miles away1301 Carlisle St Natrona Heights Pennsylvania 15065Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 224-5100
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.3 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville1.81 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.4.72 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield4.82 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg6.29 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Davita Monroeville Dialysis9.19 miles away2690 Monroeville Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (412) 856-5950
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Five Points9.19 miles away2534 Monroeville Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 823-5422
- Davita - Lincoln Way Dialysis11.49 miles away1303 Lincoln Way, Suite A Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15131Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 673-1191
- Davita - Mckeesport Dialysis11.74 miles awayOak Park Mall 2001 Lincoln Way Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 678-0183