Located in Marlton, New Jersey, Wiley Mission is one of just a couple available facilities in this area. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all facilities in the nation. Based on our ratings, you can not go wrong here. This also turned out to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. We weren't able to track down deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an elite score of A+ in this area. Short-term care grades are often employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Wiley Mission?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. We analyzed the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category, this facility also was given an impressive long-term care score, with a grade of A-. This finished off a first-rate profile. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.386505 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wiley Mission Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wiley Mission, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wiley Mission, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wiley Mission, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wiley Mission, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wiley Mission, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wiley Mission, 5.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wiley Mission, 92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wiley Mission, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wiley Mission, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Wiley Mission, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wiley Mission, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wiley Mission, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wiley Mission, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 0.66 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.94 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.21 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.15 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Usrc Marlton0.52 miles away9 Eves Drive Suite 170 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 355-8996
- Fkc Marlton0.72 miles away957 Route 73 South Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 988-1060
- Davita Marlton Dialysis Center1.75 miles away769 Route 70 East Building C Suite 100 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 15 (856) 797-7044
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis3.94 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc4.32 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Usrc Voorhees LLC4.48 miles away1000 Haddonfield Berlin Road Suite 100 Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 545-9010
- Fmc Silver Dialysis4.51 miles awayDialysis Unit 1417 Brace Rd Suite B Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034Dialysis Stations: 35 (856) 216-8463
- Fkc Voorhees4.94 miles away201 Laurel Oak Rd Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460