Widows Home of Dayton is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Dayton, Ohio which has a total of 479,994 people. This nursing home received a very impressive overall rating of A. This ended up being radically better than most of the nursing homes in Dayton Dayton has a variety of nursing homes, but we doubt you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a first-rate option. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are also quite good.
Widows Home of Dayton
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent long-term care score, with a grade of A. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Widows Home of Dayton?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. There are several subcategories within this category. Most of these datapoints relate to nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, this nursing home also received an impressive short-term care grade, with a grade of B+. This wrapped up an elite profile. Our short-term care scores are likely most important for patients requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Widows Home of Dayton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Widows Home of Dayton, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Widows Home of Dayton, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Widows Home of Dayton, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Widows Home of Dayton, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Widows Home of Dayton, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Widows Home of Dayton, 20% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Widows Home of Dayton, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Widows Home of Dayton, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Widows Home of Dayton, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Widows Home of Dayton, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Widows Home of Dayton, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Widows Home of Dayton, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Dayton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Dayton, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.07 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.8 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Davita - Dayton East at Home1.85 miles away1431 Business Center Court, Ste B Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 252-1867
- Davita Dialysis Centers of Dayton East1.85 miles away1431 Business Center Court Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 252-1867
- Fresenius Kidney Care Dayton East2.46 miles away821 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 222-5859
- Davita - Buckeye Dialysis2.65 miles away3050 S Dixie Dr Dayton Ohio 45409CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 643-2337
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton South4.51 miles away3030 S Dixie Drive Dayton Ohio 45409Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 296-1171
- Davita Mallory Park4.77 miles away2808 Germantown St Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 262-8427
- Davita Five Rivers Dialysis4.91 miles away4750 N Main Street Dayton Ohio 45405Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 278-5139
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton5.32 miles away455 Turner Road, Suite B Dayton Ohio 45415Dialysis Stations: 6 (937) 278-8261