Whittier Bradford Transitional Care Unit is a nursing home in Haverhill, Massachusetts. The city has a population of 60,879 people. We gave this nursing home a first-rate overall grade of A+. In fact, this is actually the number one rated facility in Haverhill. This is just about as good of a facility as you'll find. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable report card is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
Whittier Bradford Transitional Care Unit
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. Our short-term care scores are presumably more important for patients needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the rare facilities to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. This is based on the place's recent government inspections. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Whittier Bradford Transitional Care Unit?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing grade assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth category we graded is long-term care, where this facility was given an A. This finished off a very favorable profile. Only a select few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in each of our categories. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Whittier Bradford Transitional Care Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Whittier Bradford Transitional Care Unit, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Whittier Bradford Transitional Care Unit, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Haverhill, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Haverhill, Massachusetts has 6 other nursing homes
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.18 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 18.07 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Exeter Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away5 Alumni Drive Exeter New Hampshire 03833Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 778-7311
- Fresenius Medical Care of Methuen1.1 miles away421 Merrimack Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Dialysis Stations: 21 (978) 975-3117
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley2.39 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home3.94 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc6.35 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Versailles Dialysis LLC6.59 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell12.3 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100
- Fmc of Newburyport12.55 miles away260 Merrimac Street Towle Building Newburyport Massachusetts 01950CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 465-7030
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers15.55 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350