Blue Creek Healthcare is the sole option we found in Whitehouse, Ohio. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. This place is about as bad as it gets. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Blue Creek Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. Inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This tells you that it dodged the more serious classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of long-term care, this facility was awarded just a D in this category. Unfortunately, this proved to be its second best grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the vaccine to a relatively low 86.41509 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Blue Creek Healthcare?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. When determining our nursing grades, we look at both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is a very poor grade. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. As you might expect, we found that this place provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical nursing home. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Blue Creek Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Blue Creek Healthcare, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.39 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.49 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 13.27 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 15.53 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Henry County Hospital, IncCritical Access Hospitals 16.11 miles away1600 East Riverview Avenue Napoleon Ohio 43545Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 592-4015
- Fulton County Health CenterCritical Access Hospitals 16.68 miles away725 South Shoop Avenue Wauseon Ohio 43567Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 335-2015
- Usrc Maumee, LLC8.1 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center8.62 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC8.77 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Total Renal Care, Inc.8.77 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis9.04 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis10.31 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Davita - Southland Dialysis11.77 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Us Renal Care of Bowling Green12.03 miles away1037 Conneaut Street, Suite 101 Bowling Green Ohio 43402Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 353-1080