White Memorial Medical Center Dp is located in Los Angeles, California, which appears to have a variety of nursing homes. We awarded this nursing home world class overall grade of A+. This is in a different league than most of the nursing homes in Los Angeles. In addition, this is a hospital-based facility, which is a positive for prospective residents with medical conditions frequently requiring hospitalization. As you can see below, this facility performed just as well in our category scores. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
White Memorial Medical Center Dp
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is as good as it gets in this area. With our short-term care rating, we try to create a fair measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its dominant assessments in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care grade. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. This facility is off the charts in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about White Memorial Medical Center Dp?
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection report. It earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Turning to our final area, this facility was given a very strong nursing score. We gave it an A- in that area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses commit to residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
White Memorial Medical Center Dp Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In White Memorial Medical Center Dp, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In White Memorial Medical Center Dp, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.72 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 2.89 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 5.38 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Davita-East La Plaza Dialysis0.26 miles away1700 Cesar E. Chavez Ave., Suite L-100 Los Angeles California 90033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 261-0484
- Davita-Boyle Heights0.34 miles away1936 East 1st Street Los Angeles California 90033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 268-2729
- Davita-Usc Kidney Center1.3 miles away2310 Alcazar Street Los Angeles California 90033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 59 (323) 441-9966
- u.s. Renal Care Little Tokyo Dialysis1.42 miles away420 East 3rd Steet, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90013Dialysis Stations: 16 (213) 625-0706
- Davita-Carabello Dialysis Center1.81 miles away757 E. Wahington Blvd. Los Angeles California 90021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 745-2860
- Davita-Wilshire Dialysis Center2.6 miles away1212 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (213) 482-5181
- u.s. Renal Care Gala Dialysis2.61 miles away1666 W. Third Street Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (213) 989-0247
- u.s. Renal Care Los Angeles Dialysis2.62 miles away1125 W. 6th Street, Suite 101 Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (213) 481-3041