Whispering Pines Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is in East Haven, Connecticut. Sporting an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most people. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Whispering Pines Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
38 Talmadge Avenue,
East Haven CT 06512
93.55% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Whispering Pines Rehabilitation and Nursing Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor dings are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given a strong short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that category with a score of B+. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Whispering Pines Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing grade consists of a handful of subcategories, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this facility received a decent long-term care score. Even though this was not as elite as several of its other grades, this is really not a major area of concern. Our long-term care grade assesses a facility's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Lastly, this facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- Milford Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away300 Seaside Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 876-4000
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.49 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- Bridgeport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.45 miles away267 Grant Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06610Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 384-3000
- St Vincent's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away2800 Main St Bridgeport Connecticut 06606Voluntary non-profit - Church(203) 576-5551
- Davita Branford Dialysis1.16 miles away249 West Main Street Branford Connecticut 06405Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 481-8531
- Davita New Haven Dialysis4.23 miles away15 Center Street New Haven Connecticut 06510CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (203) 859-7770
- u.s.renal Care Branford Dialysis4.46 miles away322 East Main Street Suite 1a Branford Connecticut 06405Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 483-0710
- St. Raphael Dialysis Center - New Haven5.16 miles awayDialysis Unit 137 Water Street New Haven Connecticut 06511CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (203) 772-2421
- New Haven Home Dialysis5.26 miles away136 Sherman Avenue Suite 206 New Haven Connecticut 06511Dialysis Stations: 7 (203) 773-0853
- Shoreline Dialysis Center6.1 miles away34 East Industrial Road Branford Connecticut 06405CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 315-8113
- u.s.renal Care Orange Dialysis7.09 miles away240 Indian River Rd, Suite D Orange Connecticut 06477CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 891-8992
- Davita Hamden Dialysis8.57 miles away3000 Dixwell Avenue Suite 100 Hamden Connecticut 06518Dialysis Stations: 21 (203) 281-5361