Westminster Village is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a population of 268,597 people. This facility was given an overall rating of A. In fact, this is actually one of the five highest rated nursing homes in the city. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its ratings are just impeccable. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Aug 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Westminster Village has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not necessarily something to panic about.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing score is mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving residents even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Westminster Village?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, this facility was awarded first-rate short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in this category. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is frequently a solid measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. Although this turned out to be its poorest category grade, this is nevertheless a good score. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 96.22642 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westminster Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westminster Village, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westminster Village, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westminster Village, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westminster Village, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westminster Village, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westminster Village, 3.1% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westminster Village, 80.03% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westminster Village, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westminster Village, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Westminster Village, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westminster Village, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westminster Village, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westminster Village, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.94 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 10.32 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.34 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)1.43 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)4.53 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale7.24 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)7.47 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)7.65 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)7.66 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)9.13 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)9.3 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012