Westwood Health and Rehab is a senior living facility in Springdale, Arkansas, which has a total of 85,572 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B+, which is very good rating. We actually ranked it as the top facility in Springdale. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Westwood Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly perfect. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded strong grades in the category of long-term care as well. In fact, it received one of our best grades in that category with a score of A. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.64865 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Westwood Health and Rehab?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. In computing our nursing ratings, we look at both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is short-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a grade of C. This actually ended up being this nursing home's least impressive category. This is still not a major area of concern. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westwood Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 2.07% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 95.87% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westwood Health and Rehab, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Springdale, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Springdale, Arkansas has 5 other nursing homes
- Northwest Medical Center-SpringdaleAcute Care Hospitals 0.66 miles away609 West Maple Avenue Springdale Arkansas 72764Proprietary(479) 751-5711
- Arkansas Children's Northwest, IncChildrens 2.73 miles away2601 Gene George Boulevard Springdale Arkansas 72762Voluntary non-profit - Private(479) 725-6800
- Northwest Health Physicians Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away3873 North Parkview Drive Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Proprietary(479) 571-7002
- Washington Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away3215 N North Hills Boulevard Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Voluntary non-profit - Private(479) 463-5113
- Mercy Hospital Northwest ArkansasAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away2710 South Rife Medical Lane Rogers Arkansas 72758Voluntary non-profit - Church(479) 338-8000
- Davita - Springdale2.28 miles away2070 Mckenzie Road Ste B Springdale Arkansas 72762Dialysis Stations: 16 (479) 927-1957
- Springdale Dialysis Ctr3.05 miles away2158 Butterfield Coach Rd Springdale Arkansas 72764Dialysis Stations: 19 (479) 404-2430
- Davita - Fayetteville4.37 miles away509 E Millsap Ste 111 Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Dialysis Stations: 9 (479) 443-6688
- North Hills Dialysis4.66 miles away107 E Monte Painter Dr Fayetteville Arkansas 72703CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (479) 463-7000
- Davita - Rogers Dialysis10.95 miles away101 N 37th Street Rogers Arkansas 72756Dialysis Stations: 16 (479) 899-6868
- Davita - Bentonville11.51 miles away1104 Se 30th St Bentonville Arkansas 72712Dialysis Stations: 21 (479) 657-6220
- Benton County Dialysis Ctr13.91 miles away801 Se Plaza Ave Ste 1 Bentonville Arkansas 72712CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (479) 273-7340
- Hidden Springs Dialysis Ctr16.39 miles away3000 Nw "A" Street Ste 2 Bentonville Arkansas 72712Dialysis Stations: 12 (479) 404-2400