Westside Village Nursing Center is located in Indianapolis, Indiana, which features an abundance of nursing homes. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid scores. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Indianapolis, which is admittedly a little below average nationally. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Westside Village Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
8616 W 10th St,
Indianapolis IN 46234
57.57% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home earned an elite short-term care rating. In fact, we gave this facility an impressive grade of A- in this category, which really helped its overall grade. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility's inspection score exceeded its overall grade as well. We awarded them one of our better scores in that category, with a grade of B. This is a better score than the facility's overall score. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Westside Village Nursing Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Nursing scores are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this nursing home didn't fare very well. Due to an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is its weakest area. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.734695 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westside Village Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 12.89% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 91.48% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westside Village Nursing Center, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.63 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 12.58 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Davita - Avon Dialysis1.39 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West2.38 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Eagle Highlands3.88 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Davita - Westview Dialysis5.39 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita Speedway Dialysis5.75 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Dci - Indianapolis6.39 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic6.76 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center7.02 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667