Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation is a senior living facility located in Lancaster, Texas. The city has 38,269 people. This isn't a bad nursing home with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Lancaster. This place has some things going for it. We were also pleased to find that this place received consistently decent grades in all four of the other areas we looked at. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lancaster senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this nursing home's inspection score exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a B+ in this area, which is one of our better grades. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area tend to have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
This nursing home received high scores in the area of nursing as well. It earned one of our highest grades in that category with an B-. Our nursing grade assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below average. Finally, our nursing scores also consider quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of C. Our long-term care grade is used to judge a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Our final area is short-term care, where we gave this facility a C in this area. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.41% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 29.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.49% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 97.86% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 21.15% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 14.08% of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westridge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 14.08% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Scores for Lancaster, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Lancaster, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Crescent Medical Center LancasterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away2600 West Pleasant Run Road Lancaster Texas 75146Physician(972) 230-8888
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.27 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.83 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- WaxahachieAcute Care Hospitals 13.15 miles away2400 N Interstate Highway 35e Waxahachie Texas 75165Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 923-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 14.58 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Lancaster Dialysis2.48 miles away2424 West Pleasant Run Lancaster Texas 75146Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 223-9292
- Regional Dialysis Center of Lancaster LLC2.55 miles away2500 W Pleasant Run Rd Suite 100 Lancaster Texas 75146Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 274-0192
- Liberty Dialysis - Lancaster3.08 miles away3250 W Pleasant Run Road Suite 280 Lancaster Texas 75146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 230-7778
- Fmc of Pleasant Run Dialysis4.24 miles away900 N. Polk Street #146 Desoto Texas 75115CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 228-8780
- Desoto Regional Dialysis Center LLC5.3 miles away2651 Bolton Boone Drive Building B Desoto Texas 75115CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 780-5991
- Fresenius Medical Care Kiest Station5.65 miles away5148 South Lancaster, Suite B Dallas Texas 75241CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 371-2618
- Liberty Dialysis - Charlton7.08 miles away3571 W Wheatland Road Suite 103 Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 518-5731
- Fmc South Dallas County7.41 miles away1111 W Ledbetter Drive Suite 800 Dallas Texas 75224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (214) 371-2485