Westport Place Health Campus is a small nursing home in Louisville, Kentucky. We awarded this nursing home an impressive overall grade of A. In fact, we ranked it as the ninth best nursing home in Louisville according to our rankings. Even in a city with 23 nursing homes, this nursing home is a great option. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Westport Place Health Campus
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
4247 Westport Road,
Louisville KY 40207
87.41% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection scores are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home was given strong marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with a grade of A+. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Westport Place Health Campus?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. The nursing grade weighs a handful of datapoints, but the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for its long-term care score. This rounded out a very impressive report card. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.0566 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westport Place Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westport Place Health Campus, 9.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westport Place Health Campus, 3.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westport Place Health Campus, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westport Place Health Campus, 16.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westport Place Health Campus, 29.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westport Place Health Campus, 8.23% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westport Place Health Campus, 89.41% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westport Place Health Campus, 16.24% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westport Place Health Campus, 15.8% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Westport Place Health Campus, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westport Place Health Campus, 15.8 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westport Place Health Campus, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westport Place Health Campus, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 22 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 2.43 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 6.07 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis0.96 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis1.6 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- Fmc - Suburban1.91 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies2.34 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC4.48 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Davita - Meadows East4.62 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- Davita - Springhurst Dialysis Center4.76 miles away10201 Champion Farms Dr Louisville Kentucky 40241Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 425-2131
- University Kidney Center - Broadway4.86 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516