With an address in Hellertown, Pennsylvania, Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is the lone option we identified there. Featuring an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most people. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the country. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1896 Leithsville Road,
Hellertown PA 18055
58.4% estimated occupancy 1
One of the reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive long-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average grade of B in this category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 97.9798 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, we looked at the facility's number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this nursing home had 2.5 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care. This facility was awarded a better than average short-term care score this year, with a grade of B-. Even though this isn't quite as dominant as some of its other category grades, this remains a respectable rating in that category. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 43.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 89.35% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.19 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc2.88 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem5.63 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown7.29 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville7.63 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem7.68 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis8.49 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC8.49 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis8.56 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184