Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is a small nursing home located in Hellertown, Pennsylvania. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the country. We can't find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are as good as they get. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1896 Leithsville Road,
Hellertown PA 18055
59.09% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing grades are largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also received favorable long-term care scores in our assessment. In fact, we awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a score of B+. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 98.96907 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is short-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility a favorable grade of B. Short-term care grades are generally used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. It doesn't look like this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term residents which had a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Weston Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.19 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc2.88 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem5.63 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown7.29 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville7.63 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem7.68 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis8.49 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC8.49 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis8.56 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184