Westmoreland Manor is in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. The city has a population of 59,483 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires quality scores in most areas. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, this nursing home earned a grade of B+ for its inspections grade. This is a relatively strong grade in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional quality feature for this nursing home is that it received a favorable long-term care grade. Indeed, this proved to be its second best category grade. In this category, we gave this facility a B+. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 92.45116 percent of its residents, which is a few points lower than we were hoping for. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Westmoreland Manor?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing score considers a number of factors. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home received a grade of B- for short-term care, which we consider to be a decent grade. In computing our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is frequently a fair assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westmoreland Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westmoreland Manor, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westmoreland Manor, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westmoreland Manor, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westmoreland Manor, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westmoreland Manor, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westmoreland Manor, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westmoreland Manor, 88.22% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westmoreland Manor, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westmoreland Manor, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
In Westmoreland Manor, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westmoreland Manor, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westmoreland Manor, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westmoreland Manor, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Greensburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensburg, Pennsylvania has 7 other nursing homes
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.8 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 16.16 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Highlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.25 miles away401 East Murphy Avenue Connellsville Pennsylvania 15425Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 628-1500
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.81 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.87 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg2.95 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield4.83 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Dci of Mount Pleasant8.65 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe8.72 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.9.65 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant10.26 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville10.8 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Davita - Mckeesport West Dialysis12.89 miles away101 9th Street Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 672-3720