Westminster Towers is one of a variety of nursing home options to decide among in Orlando, Florida. This facility appears to be ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this facility. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category ratings, which are also impressive.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
70 West Lucerne Circle,
Orlando FL 32801
72.25% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well in its overall grade, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it received one of our best grades in this area with an A. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
To add to its dominant achievements in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A- for its short-term care grade. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is frequently a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. This place offered more registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. This is what we like to find when assessing a nursing home in this category. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in Florida in this area with 57.9 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Westminster Towers?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our better grades in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 97.22992 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. The last statistic we assessed is the nursing home's hospitalization rate. Here we found that this nursing home had 2.53 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Turning to the final category, this nursing home received a strong nursing score. While this isn't as impressive as many of its other scores, this is still one of our more favorable scores a facility can receive. Our nursing rating consists of many factors, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provided 3.9 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Roughly a quarter of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are among the most highly skilled levels of nurses. Both are impressive figures, which typically corresponds with quality care. Lastly, we also looked at nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these areas as good indicators of the quality of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westminster Towers Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westminster Towers, 9.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westminster Towers, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westminster Towers, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westminster Towers, 11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westminster Towers, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westminster Towers, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westminster Towers, 95.03% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westminster Towers, 13.16% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westminster Towers, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Westminster Towers, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westminster Towers, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westminster Towers, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westminster Towers, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 2.79 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 12.38 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.2 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc0.15 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110
- Orlando Home Training Dialysis0.64 miles away116 Sturtevant St Ste 2 Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 849-1567
- Orlando Dialysis0.64 miles away116 Sturtevant St Orlando Florida 32806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (407) 426-9212
- Hewell Kids Kidney Center at Orlando Health0.73 miles away92 W Miller Street Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 5 (321) 841-7970
- Florida Hospital Esrd2.92 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- Central Orlando Dialysis3.24 miles away2548 N Orange Blossom Trail #400 Orlando Florida 32804CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 246-5081
- West Orange Orlando Dialysis Center LLC3.39 miles away828 Mercy Drive Suite 2 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 16 (321) 710-0352
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Vineland4.27 miles away4407 Vineland Rd Suite d2 Orlando Florida 32811Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 425-4415