Westlake Village Care Center is a small nursing home located in Westlake, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of A, this is clearly a top-shelf nursing home. This is really as good of a place as you're going to find. This facility also received consistently good ratings in all of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Westlake Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Westlake senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Westlake, Ohio Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Westlake, Ohio Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Westlake, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. Our inspection ratings are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Facilities that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Westlake Village Care Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing grade assesses several subcategories, but the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home received an impressive nursing rating this year, with a grade of B. Although this wasn't nearly as good as some of its other grades, this is still one of our more favorable scores in that area. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westlake Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westlake Village Care Center, 8.82% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westlake Village Care Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westlake Village Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westlake Village Care Center, 33.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westlake Village Care Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westlake Village Care Center, 95% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westlake Village Care Center, 13.27% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westlake Village Care Center, 77.04% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Westlake, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Westlake, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Mercy Health-Lorain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.26 miles away3700 Kolbe Road Lorain Ohio 44053Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 960-4000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 17.01 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC2.63 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center2.73 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern3.56 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis5.87 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights6.14 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Center Ridge Dialysis7.07 miles away38630 Center Ridge Road North Ridgeville Ohio 44039Dialysis Stations: 14 (440) 327-2070
- Fmc - Dialysis Specialists of Northeast Ohio7.4 miles away1070 Abbe Road North Elyria Ohio 44035Dialysis Stations: 21 (440) 365-8165
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West7.65 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451