Westlake Health Campus is located in Commerce Township, Michigan, a city with a population of 21,945 people. With an A overall grade, we rated this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. We can't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are impeccable. Headlining this place's remarkable report card is its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Westlake Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Commerce Township senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is typically a reliable assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Westlake Health Campus?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. There are a variety of factors included in this grade. Many of the criteria relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care, where this facility was given a B+. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Few facilities earned a B+ or better in all four categories. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 87.12121 percent of its residents. This is a bit less than we expected but still a respectable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westlake Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westlake Health Campus, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westlake Health Campus, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westlake Health Campus, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients that have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westlake Health Campus, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westlake Health Campus, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westlake Health Campus, 3.38% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westlake Health Campus, 91.02% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westlake Health Campus, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westlake Health Campus, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In Westlake Health Campus, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westlake Health Campus, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westlake Health Campus, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westlake Health Campus, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 14.49 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 16.58 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita2.06 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Clarkston Dialysis of Davita8.5 miles away6770 Dixie Hwy Ste 205 Clarkston Michigan 48346Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 620-0958
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis8.51 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis8.53 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc8.6 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita8.78 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis9.12 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis10.75 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954