Westchester Manor at Providence Place is one of four available facilities located in High Point, North Carolina. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. You could certainly do worse than this place. The best part of this place's report card is its stellar inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Westchester Manor at Providence Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, we awarded this facility a score of A- in that area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.03846 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Westchester Manor at Providence Place?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's next best category is short-term care. Nevertheless, with a grade of D in this category, it still fared relatively badly. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most meaningful for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics was damning for this facility's short-term care grade.
The last area we analyzed was nursing, which was this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this facility a D in that category. Sadly, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. We assessed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses were with residents, in determining our score in this area. This place provided a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westchester Manor at Providence Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 3.01% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 87.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westchester Manor at Providence Place, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for High Point, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? High Point, North Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.78 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.1 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- The Moses H Cone Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.2 miles away1200 N Elm St Greensboro North Carolina 27401Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 832-7000
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Randolph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 20 miles away364 White Oak Street Asheboro North Carolina 27204Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 625-5151
- High Point Kidney Center of Wake Forest University0.15 miles away1900 Westchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (336) 889-9200
- North Randolph Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University3.98 miles away5948 Mendenhall Rd Ext High Point North Carolina 27263Dialysis Stations: 10 (336) 434-8910
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point4.33 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046
- Thomasville Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University6.08 miles away10 Laura Lane Thomasville North Carolina 27360CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (336) 472-4500
- Bma of Southwest Greensboro9.14 miles away5020 Mackay Road Jamestown North Carolina 27282CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 854-7807
- Triad Dialysis Center9.28 miles away4370 Regency Drive High Point North Carolina 27265CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (336) 454-0076
- Salem Kidney Center of Wake Forest University14.04 miles away2705 Boulder Park Court Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 761-8808
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.57 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360