Westbury Conyers is a large nursing home in Conyers, Georgia. Sporting an overall score of C, this is likely a decent facility. Based on our assessment, this facility should be a good fit for quite a few people. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1420 Milstead Road,
Conyers GA 30012
81.84% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned a favorable inspection score. In that category, we awarded this facility a B+. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had favorable view of this facility's inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable grade in our long-term care category. We awarded this facility a better than average grade of B in that area. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 90.12987 percent of its residents for pneumonia. The last statistic we looked at was its hospitalization rate. We found that this place had 2.88 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Although this admittedly wasn't as impressive as most of its other scores in this area, this number can be skewed for some facilities based on some of the preexisting medical conditions of patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Westbury Conyers?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a score of D. Our nursing score looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This particular place offered a meager 3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This statistic is well below the national average. In addition to receiving below average scores for nursing hours, this facility was a bit less impressive in some of the quality-based measures we looked at in calculating our nursing grades. We looked at the percentage of patients sustaining pressure ulcers and found this nursing home was at roughly 1.5 times the national average in this metric. This is likely a bad sign when you consider that so many pressure ulcers are preventable with better nursing care. Unfortunately, this statistic pulled down this facility's nursing rating substantially.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive area was short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Considering its score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this place is well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We were surprised to find that it performed better in this area, with 53.2 percent of its patients returning home. This was just about this nursing home's sole highlight in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westbury Conyers Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westbury Conyers, 10.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westbury Conyers, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westbury Conyers, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westbury Conyers, 18.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westbury Conyers, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westbury Conyers, 5.36% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westbury Conyers, 93.3% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westbury Conyers, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westbury Conyers, 23.16% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Westbury Conyers, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westbury Conyers, 23.16 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westbury Conyers, 11.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westbury Conyers, 69.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Piedmont Newton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away5126 Hospital Drive Ne Covington Georgia 30014Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 786-7053
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Piedmont Walton Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.84 miles away2151 W Spring Street Monroe Georgia 30655Proprietary(770) 267-8461
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.78 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.89 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 19.76 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.89 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Conyers Dialysis0.23 miles away1501 Milstead Rd Ne Conyers Georgia 30012CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 761-8097
- Fresenius Medical Care Honeycreek Dialysis, LLC1.39 miles away1285 Wellbrook Circle Conyers Georgia 30012Dialysis Stations: 15 (770) 922-0209
- Dsi Conyers, LLC3.66 miles away1927 Highway 138 North Conyers Georgia 30013Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 483-6124
- Fresenius Medical Care Stonecrest4.9 miles away8455 Mall Pkwy Lithonia Georgia 30038Dialysis Stations: 12 (678) 526-1014
- Turner Hill Dialysis5.38 miles away7301 Stonecrest Concourse Lithonia Georgia 30038Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 484-8475
- Davita Cowan Lake Dialysis6.22 miles away1950 Honey Creek Commons Se Conyers Georgia 30094Dialysis Stations: 13 (778) 910-2563
- Fmc Honey Creek6.22 miles away1901 Honey Creek Commons Conyers Georgia 30013CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 413-3751
- Fresenius Medical Care South Dekalb/Rockdale7.04 miles away6085 Hillandale Drive Lithonia Georgia 30058Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 981-8077