With an address in Conyers, Georgia, Westbury Center of Conyers is one of a mere two available facilities there. With an overall rating of B-, this looks like a decent facility. Based on our assessment, this facility is a solid choice for most people. The best part of this place's profile is is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Westbury Center of Conyers
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
The main thing propping up this facility's profile is its elite nursing score. In fact, we gave this facility an A- in that category. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Westbury Center of Conyers?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable area ended up being its short-term care grade, where it was given a B-. Short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we scrutinize the personal care received by a facility's residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the vaccine to only 82.18527 percent of its residents. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westbury Center of Conyers Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 5.28% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 93.36% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westbury Center of Conyers, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Piedmont Newton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away5126 Hospital Drive Ne Covington Georgia 30014Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 786-7053
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Piedmont Walton Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.84 miles away2151 W Spring Street Monroe Georgia 30655Proprietary(770) 267-8461
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.78 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.89 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 19.76 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.89 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Conyers Dialysis0.23 miles away1501 Milstead Rd Ne Conyers Georgia 30012CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 761-8097
- Fresenius Medical Care Honeycreek Dialysis, LLC1.39 miles away1285 Wellbrook Circle Conyers Georgia 30012Dialysis Stations: 15 (770) 922-0209
- Dsi Conyers, LLC3.66 miles away1927 Highway 138 North Conyers Georgia 30013Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 483-6124
- Fresenius Medical Care Stonecrest4.9 miles away8455 Mall Pkwy Lithonia Georgia 30038Dialysis Stations: 12 (678) 526-1014
- Turner Hill Dialysis5.38 miles away7301 Stonecrest Concourse Lithonia Georgia 30038Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 484-8475
- Davita Cowan Lake Dialysis6.22 miles away1950 Honey Creek Commons Se Conyers Georgia 30094Dialysis Stations: 13 (778) 910-2563
- Fmc Honey Creek6.22 miles away1901 Honey Creek Commons Conyers Georgia 30013CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 413-3751
- Fresenius Medical Care South Dekalb/Rockdale7.04 miles away6085 Hillandale Drive Lithonia Georgia 30058Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 981-8077