West Suburban Hospital Med Center is one of a mere three facilities in Oak Park, Illinois. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a high-end score. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong here. This nursing home also received consistently good grades in all four of our categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
West Suburban Hospital Med Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Oak Park, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Oak Park, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its high-end performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for its short-term care score. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about West Suburban Hospital Med Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. Contributing to its elite resume, this nursing home also excelled in that area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A- for that area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to the fourth area, this facility was given a high-end nursing score. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this area, rounding out one of our better report cards. Our nursing score consists of a handful of subcategories, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
West Suburban Hospital Med Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In West Suburban Hospital Med Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In West Suburban Hospital Med Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Norwegian-American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 292-8200
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center0.15 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit1.19 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis1.24 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Fmc - Austin Community Kidney Center1.62 miles away4800 W Chicago Ave., 2nd Floor Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 287-0680
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center1.64 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Davita Brickyard Dialysis2.59 miles away2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Suite d8 Chicago Illinois 60639Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 622-6345
- Davita - Montclare Dialysis3.24 miles away7009 W Belmont Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 889-6051
- Fmc - Humboldt Park3.31 miles away3520 West Grand Ave Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 34 (773) 276-6802