West Suburban Hospital Med Center is a senior living facility in Oak Park, Illinois, which has a total of 51,878 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is a high-end score. We also want to point out that this facility is located in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive healthcare services are offered. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
West Suburban Hospital Med Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
3 Erie Court,
Oak Park IL 60302
141.4% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Oak Park, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Oak Park, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a strong overall score, we awarded this place a grade of A+ for our inspection category. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate profile, this facility also was awarded a strong short-term care grade, with a score of A. Our short-term care scores are important for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about West Suburban Hospital Med Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given an impressive long-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category with a score of B+. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were not able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last area we graded is nursing, where this nursing home was given a grade of B-. This proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. The nursing score includes many factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.1 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this statistic. This can be a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
West Suburban Hospital Med Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In West Suburban Hospital Med Center, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In West Suburban Hospital Med Center, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Norwegian-American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 292-8200
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center0.15 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit1.19 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis1.24 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Fmc - Austin Community Kidney Center1.62 miles away4800 W Chicago Ave., 2nd Floor Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 287-0680
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center1.64 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Davita Brickyard Dialysis2.59 miles away2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Suite d8 Chicago Illinois 60639Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 622-6345
- Davita - Montclare Dialysis3.24 miles away7009 W Belmont Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 889-6051
- Fmc - Humboldt Park3.31 miles away3520 West Grand Ave Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 34 (773) 276-6802