West Memphis Health and Rehab is a nursing home located in West Memphis, Arkansas, a city with a total of 26,069 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid marks. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this facility's profile was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
West Memphis Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this facility's inspection rating exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a B+ in this area, which is a quality score. Inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given positive short-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our more impressive grades in this category, with a grade of B. This proved to be the nursing home's second strongest score. In computing our short-term care grades, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is generally a fair assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about West Memphis Health and Rehab?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. The nursing grade assesses a handful of datapoints, but the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category is long-term care, which is the final area we scored. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this category. Despite multiple acceptable scores in other areas, this grade is still disappointing so we felt obligated to point it out. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 95.62842 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
West Memphis Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 2.07% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 95.87% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In West Memphis Health and Rehab, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 9.29 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.53 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.79 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.83 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Fmcna - East Arkansas0.53 miles away310 S Rhodes West Memphis Arkansas 72301CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (870) 735-5445
- Davita - Renal Care of Marion5.95 miles away1120 State Hwy 77 Ste 2 Marion Arkansas 72364CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (870) 735-4087
- Lebonheur Childrens Hosp Dialysis7.62 miles away50 N Dunlap--Dialysis Unit 2nd Floor Memphis Tennessee 38103Dialysis Stations: 7 (901) 287-6133
- Memphis Central Dialysis9.16 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719
- Isd Renal Inc9.7 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC10.01 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Fmc Memphis10.16 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Isd Renal Inc10.23 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400