West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center is located in Portland, Oregon. This city is among the most populated cities in the country with has a population of 841,711 people. This facility is ranked among the most impressive facilities we found. This nursing home received one of the highest scores we offer. At the end of the day, this place should be a great choice for most people. This facility also received impressive grades in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home has received near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this category. Inspection ratings are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This high end facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A+. Very few facilities performed better in this category. In our short-term care score, we attempt to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. Adding to its strong resume, this facility also excelled in that area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A for the area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.63503 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to the last area, this nursing home also performed admirably in our nursing category. We awarded it an A- in this area. This completed a straight A profile. Our nursing score consists of several subcategories, however, the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 5.35% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 92.77% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 23.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 23.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.47 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In West Hills Health & Rehabilitation Center, 75.28% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC2.87 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Pnrs Home Dialysis5.05 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320
- Pnrs Beaverton5.31 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center6.06 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Northeast Portland Renal Center6.08 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Portland Mlk Dialysis6.2 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Pnrs Twin Oaks6.3 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Pnrs Tualatin6.47 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000