Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We awarded this facility an impressive overall grade of B+. After assessing the other facilities in Philadelphia, this appears to be a slightly higher quality choice than quite a few of them. Even in a city with 20 nursing homes, this nursing home jumped off the page as a first-rate selection. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
8401 Roosevelt Boulevard,
Philadelphia PA 19152
83.5% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. A deficiency-free inspection report is what we like to see.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's quality category scores came in the category of short-term care. We gave them one of our more positive scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing grades are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care. This facility received an impressive long-term care grade in our assessment, with a B. This nursing home really doesn't have any weak grades. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 64.73988 percent of its residents. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who had a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 3.3% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 86.27% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 19 other nursing homes
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.44 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.05 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth0.41 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center1.22 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC1.8 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center1.85 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Isd Renal, Inc2.47 miles away6501 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 6581 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 288-4671
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.52 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center2.77 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast2.77 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923