Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown is located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. This city has 48,571 people. Featuring an overall rating of A, this turned out to be one of the top three facilities in the city. In our view, this place ought to be a wonderful choice for just about anybody. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which are also strong.
Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Doylestown, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility received a high-end score of A in our short-term care area. In determining these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing score includes several subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our more favorable grades in this category, with a B. While this is not as high as many of this nursing home's other grades, it is still a fine score. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents that developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 3.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Doylestown, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Doylestown, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.51 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 9.89 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.97 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus0.58 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown3.78 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale8.69 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis9.05 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson9.72 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis10.02 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Davita North Wales Dialysis11.34 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington11.53 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595