Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center looks like it is one of 81 facilities located in Chicago, Illinois. The city has far more facilities compared to most cities in Illinois. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a well below average facility. Based on our assessment, this nursing home may not be the best fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this nursing home favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent grade in the area of inspections, where it received an A-. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that had too many severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second best area was its long-term care score, where it received a B-. In the category of long-term care, we weigh the quantity of care provided by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 74.299835 percent of its patients. This is multiple points lower than the national average. Nevertheless, this place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. There are a variety of datapoints within this category. Most of the factors reflect staffing levels. This particular nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area, which is a poor score. Our short-term care grade is generally used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Based on its weak score in this category, we weren't shocked to learn that this facility offers far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients that have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 30.45% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Many argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 87.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wentworth Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- St Bernard HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.64 miles away326 W 64th St Chicago Illinois 60621Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 962-3900
- The University of Chicago Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away5841 South Maryland Chicago Illinois 60637Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 702-1000
- Jackson Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away7531 S Stony Island Ave Chicago Illinois 60649Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 947-7500
- Provident Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away500 E 51st St Chicago Illinois 60615Government - Local(312) 572-2000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away8012 South Crandon Avenue Chicago Illinois 60617Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 356-5000
- Advocate Trinity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away2320 E 93rd St Chicago Illinois 60617Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 967-5002
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Fmc - Ross Dialysis - Englewood1.13 miles away946 W. 63rd Street Chicago Illinois 60621CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (773) 873-2000
- Davita - Grand Crossing Dialysis1.38 miles away7319 S. Cottage Grove Ave. Chicago Illinois 60619CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 783-3491
- Fmc - Garfield1.81 miles away5401 South Wentworth Chicago Illinois 60609CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (773) 548-5714
- Usrc - West Chicago Dialysis2.18 miles away112 W. 87th Street Suite N Chicago Illinois 60620Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 831-2602
- Fmc - Chatham2.31 miles away8710 S. Holland Rd Chicago Illinois 60620CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 723-2536
- Davita - Woodlawn Dialysis2.33 miles away5060 S State St Chicago Illinois 60609CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (773) 924-2149
- Fmc - Greenwood Avenue Dialysis Center2.44 miles away1111 East 87th Street, Suite 700 Chicago Illinois 60619CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (773) 375-5668
- Fmc - Jackson Park Dialysis Center2.45 miles away7531 South Stony Island Chicago Illinois 60649Dialysis Stations: 24 (773) 947-7510