Wellsprings Therapy Center of Gilbert is the sole facility we were able to find in Gilbert, Arizona. We gave this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. You flat out can not do much better than this nursing home. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Wellsprings Therapy Center of Gilbert
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Gilbert senior living options.Get Pricing
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Gilbert, Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite facility overall, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Few facilities fared as well in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility was given a top-shelf grade of A in our short-term care area. Short-term care grades are meaningful for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Wellsprings Therapy Center of Gilbert?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. When calculating a facility's nursing rating, we look at the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. In this area, we gave this facility a solid grade of B-. This turned out to be this facility's worst category. Our long-term care ratings are more critical for folks requiring more conventional services associated with activities of daily living. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wellsprings Therapy Center of Gilbert Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wellsprings Therapy Center of Gilbert, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wellsprings Therapy Center of Gilbert, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Ironwood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away37000 North Gantzel Road San Tan Valley Arizona 85140Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 394-4030
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.56 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Huhu Kam Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.92 miles away483 West Seed Farm Road Sacaton Arizona 85147Government - Federal(520) 562-3321
- Gilbert Dialysis (Fmc)0.36 miles away3511 Mercy Rd Ste 101 Gilbert Arizona 85297CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 857-8338
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.88 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)6 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.12 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Chandler Dialysis (Fmc)6.48 miles away912 W Chandler Blvd Bldg a-D Chandler Arizona 85225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 821-9801
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)7.25 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)7.25 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Southeast Valley Dialysis (Fmc)7.27 miles away22715 S Ellsworth Rd Ste D Queen Creek Arizona 85142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 677-2463