Wellspring Retirement Center is a small nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. Despite Cincinnati featuring 75 other nursing homes to select from, this facility should be a fine choice. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Wellspring Retirement Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
8000 Evergreen Ridge Drive,
Cincinnati OH 45215
68.85% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Wound Care
- Tracheotomy Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this facility also earned an elite short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. Our short-term care grades are vital for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. The nursing category consists of quite a few subcategories, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Wellspring Retirement Center?
This nursing home received a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in the area of long-term care. This was the nursing home's weakest category rating. Sadly, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall profile to a certain degree. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 96.55173 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wellspring Retirement Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wellspring Retirement Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 74 other nursing homes
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 5.19 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 7.94 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Dci - at Drake Center0.27 miles away151 West Galbraith Road Cincinnati Ohio 45216Dialysis Stations: 5 (513) 418-2675
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis1.99 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900
- Dca of Cincinnati2.85 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Cinld, LLC3.09 miles away1555 Goodman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45224Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-2018
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis3.1 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Us Renal Care of Norwood Dialysis3.42 miles away1721 Tennessee Ave. Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 242-6733
- Fmc - Liberty Norwood4.14 miles away2071 Sherman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 841-1800
- Davita - Norwood Dialysis4.16 miles away2300 Wall Street Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (513) 531-2111