Wellpark at Shannondale is a small non-profit facility located in Knoxville, Tennessee. This proved to be an A+ facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires excellent scores across the board. Even in a city with 15 nursing homes, this facility is appealing. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Wellpark at Shannondale
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities fared this well in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most meaningful for people needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final item we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Wellpark at Shannondale?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also fared very well in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Only a select group of facilities performed better in this category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the last area, this nursing home also received a first-rate nursing grade, with an A. This finished off an elusive straight A report card. The nursing grade is based on numerous factors. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Tennessee in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wellpark at Shannondale Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wellpark at Shannondale, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wellpark at Shannondale, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Knoxville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Knoxville, Tennessee has 14 other nursing homes
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 5.95 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- Knoxville Central Dialysis3.05 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Fmc Cedar Bluff3.35 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee5.51 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders6.05 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516
- Dci Knoxville7.3 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Tannor Dialysis LLC7.91 miles away111 S Campbell Station Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37934Dialysis Stations: 13 (865) 777-2750
- Fmc West Knoxville8.01 miles away11305 Station West Knoxville Tennessee 37922Dialysis Stations: 13 (865) 966-5100
- Fmc Powell8.42 miles away732 E. Emory Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37938CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 947-1700