Located in Rochester, Michigan, Wellbridge of Rochester Hills is one of only three available nursing homes in the city. This facility was given an A- overall, which is a very strong grade. This grade is even better than the city grade of A- in Rochester, which is also an impressive grade. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Wellbridge of Rochester Hills
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
252 Meadowfield Drive,
Rochester MI 48307
75.8% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This nursing home has received near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Wellbridge of Rochester Hills?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. There are a host of factors within this category. Many of these factors are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care, where this facility received a grade of C. Even though this wound up being its weakest category grade, this is still not a poor grade. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wellbridge of Rochester Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents which suffered falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 3.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 91.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.45 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fms Rochester Hills, LLC1.76 miles away1406 Walton Blvd Rochester Michigan 48309Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 608-5455
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita2.35 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC2.66 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC4.39 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fmc - Shelby5.66 miles away56065 Van Dyke Ave Utica Michigan 48316CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 677-2008
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac7.51 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Greenfield Hs - Troy7.54 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Davita Troy Dialysis8.19 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920