Located in Rochester, Michigan, Wellbridge of Rochester Hills is one of only three available nursing homes in the city. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. We were pleased to find out that this was in line with the other nursing homes in Rochester, which is one of the better cities in Michigan to find a nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Wellbridge of Rochester Hills
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this facility an A-. Our nursing score features many subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Wellbridge of Rochester Hills?
Turning to another of this facility's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection score. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care, which ended up being a weak spot for this nursing home. We gave this facility a grade of D in the area of long-term care, making this its least impressive category grade. We'd still suggest that you look at the bigger picture. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average datapoint. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wellbridge of Rochester Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that had a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 3.47% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 91.4% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wellbridge of Rochester Hills, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.45 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fms Rochester Hills, LLC1.76 miles away1406 Walton Blvd Rochester Michigan 48309Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 608-5455
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita2.35 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC2.66 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC4.39 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fmc - Shelby5.66 miles away56065 Van Dyke Ave Utica Michigan 48316CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 677-2008
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac7.51 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Greenfield Hs - Troy7.54 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Davita Troy Dialysis8.19 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920