Wellbridge of Novi is an average-sized facility in Novi, Michigan. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some respectable marks. In our view, this place should be a good fit for quite a few people. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Wellbridge of Novi
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Novi senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Meal Delivery
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Novi, Michigan Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home one of our higher scores in the area of short-term care, where it received an A-. This is far better than the nursing home's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is frequently a reliable assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Inspections is another area where this nursing home excelled. We awarded this nursing home an B+ for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Wellbridge of Novi?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Our nursing category includes many components, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was long-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. It received an abysmal F for this area. Even with several solid grades in other categories, this score is nevertheless of a concern so we felt obligated to draw your attention to it. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wellbridge of Novi Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wellbridge of Novi, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wellbridge of Novi, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients which have experienced a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wellbridge of Novi, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who have suffered from UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wellbridge of Novi, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wellbridge of Novi, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wellbridge of Novi, 3.38% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wellbridge of Novi, 91.02% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wellbridge of Novi, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wellbridge of Novi, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Wellbridge of Novi, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wellbridge of Novi, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wellbridge of Novi, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wellbridge of Novi, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 16.19 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.21 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 16.31 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita0.65 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc1.27 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis4.44 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia5.65 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Fmc - Botsford Park7.92 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita8.4 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia8.5 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Michigan Dialysis Services, LLC9.9 miles away275 N Canton Center Rd Canton Michigan 48187Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 844-0108