Wedgwood Gardens Care Center is located in Freehold, New Jersey, a city with a total of 56,257 people. Sporting an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt an impressive nursing home. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it ahead of the majority of the nursing homes in Freehold, which boasts a strong selection of nursing homes. This facility also received impressive ratings in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Wedgwood Gardens Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate assessment, this facility also was given a strong long-term care grade, with a score of A. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Wedgwood Gardens Care Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a resident even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this facility received a highly favorable short-term care rating. We gave it a B+ in that category, wrapping up one of our more favorable report cards. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This area is often a useful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wedgwood Gardens Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 91.97% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wedgwood Gardens Care Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Freehold, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Freehold, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.52 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Dci Freehold2.34 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Davita Freehold Dialysis5.69 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis6.36 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Wall Township Home Training7.73 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis10.6 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Dialyze Direct10.67 miles away3297 State Route 66 Neptune New Jersey 07753Dialysis Stations: 7 (732) 806-9990
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe10.86 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Fmc Neptune11.26 miles away2441 State Hwy 33 at Fortunato Place Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (732) 643-9260