We Care Skilled Nursing Facility is a senior living facility in Hayward, California, which has a total of 177,085 people. With an overall grade of B+, this facility should work for most people. This turned out to be one of the five best facilities in the city. If you look below, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which are also quite good.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
We Care Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hayward senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded impressive grades in the area of long-term care as well. Indeed, it received one of our most elite scores in that area with a score of A-. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about We Care Skilled Nursing Facility?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our rating in this category. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is short-term care, where this facility received a B. This nursing home turned out to be strong across the board. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most meaningful for residents requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
We Care Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In We Care Skilled Nursing Facility, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In We Care Skilled Nursing Facility, 4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In We Care Skilled Nursing Facility, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In We Care Skilled Nursing Facility, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In We Care Skilled Nursing Facility, 5.14% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In We Care Skilled Nursing Facility, 90.45% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Hayward, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hayward, California has 15 other nursing homes
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.42 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.66 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.44 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- South Hayward Dialysis Center1.23 miles away254 Jackson Street Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 583-1255
- Hayward Dialysis Center1.61 miles away21615 Hesperian Boulevard Suite F Hayward California 94541CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (510) 780-9094
- East Bay Peritoneal Dialysis2.22 miles away13939 E 14th Street Ste 110 San Leandro California 94578Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 614-1380
- San Leandro Dialysis2.45 miles away15555 East 14th Street Suite 520 San Leandro California 94578CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 317-6510
- Hayward4.37 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- Satellite Dialysis West San Leandro4.52 miles away2401 Merced St Suite 110 San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 746-3900
- San Leandro Marina Dialysis Center4.54 miles away2551 Merced St San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 352-1207
- Satellite Dialysis San Leandro4.99 miles away801 Davis Street San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (510) 352-4011