Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab is a facility located in Trenton, New Jersey, which has a total of 230,121 people. This facility was given an A- overall, which is very favorable score. If you take a look at the other options in Trenton, we are confident you will find this nursing home to be a substantially better option than most facilities in the city. Scroll down to see this facility's category grades, which are also strong. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Trenton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a impressive long-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be this facility's second best category grade. In that area, this facility received a grade of A. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.791664 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. The nursing grade weighs several factors, however, the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded ended up being this nursing home's weakest category. However, even its worst category would likely be a strength for many nursing homes. We awarded it a favorable grade of B in our short-term care category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is typically a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 9.66% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 1.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 2.17% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 14.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 20.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 2.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 99.9% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 8.35% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 4.71% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 4.71% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 8.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Waters Edge Healthcare & Rehab, 86.63% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Trenton, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Trenton, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.83 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.06 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.17 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.18 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.69 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- H. Fuld Capital Health1.22 miles awayDialysis Unit 750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (609) 394-6000
- Fmc Trenton2.04 miles away40 Fuld Street 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (609) 394-5104
- Davita Renal Ctr Trenton2.29 miles awayC/O St. Francis Hospital 601 Hamilton Ave 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08629Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 393-2388
- Davita Renal Center Hamilton2.51 miles away1013 Whitehorse Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08610Dialysis Stations: 19 (609) 438-3002
- Physicians Dialysis Lawrenceville2.86 miles away1840 Princeton Avenue Lawrence Township New Jersey 08648CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 278-0999
- Fmc Ewing3.4 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600
- Fmc Hamilton Square4.58 miles awayTwo Hamilton Health Place Trenton New Jersey 08690CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 689-9260
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC6.23 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001