Washington Healthcare Center is in the large metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana which has a total of 910,148 people. This nursing home proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. This facility proved to be one of the better facilities in Indianapolis. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Washington Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also received top notch inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better grades in this category, with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this nursing home an B+. When determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the amount of time nurses commit to residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Washington Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was given favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded it one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, where we gave this nursing home a C in that area. Our long-term care grades are more important for people requiring more traditional assistance associated with activities of daily living. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 95.86207 percent of its patients, which is an above average percentage. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Washington Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Washington Healthcare Center, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Washington Healthcare Center, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Washington Healthcare Center, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Washington Healthcare Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Washington Healthcare Center, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Washington Healthcare Center, 12.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Washington Healthcare Center, 91.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Washington Healthcare Center, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Washington Healthcare Center, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Washington Healthcare Center, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Washington Healthcare Center, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Washington Healthcare Center, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 12.75 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Davita - Avon Dialysis2.32 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West3.51 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Plainfield5.47 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita Speedway Dialysis6.06 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Davita - Eagle Highlands6.63 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Dci - Indianapolis6.77 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Davita - Westview Dialysis7.21 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis7.29 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303