Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center is a large facility in Oxford, New Jersey. This facility received an overall grade of C, which is a good grade. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse places out there. The best part of this facility's profile is is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
350 Oxford Road,
Oxford NJ 07863
39.44% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did well in this metric. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable area is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the pack score in this category. Long-term care grades are often used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility vaccinated 98.23944 percent of its residents, which is a very solid datapoint. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care, which turned out to be a weak link for this facility. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in our short-term care category. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. As you might expect, we found that this place offers far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who experienced UTI's. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 6.37% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 89.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Warren Haven Rehab and Nursing Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Hackettstown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away651 Willow Grove St Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Voluntary non-profit - Church(908) 852-5100
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.57 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Lehigh Valley Hospital - PoconoAcute Care Hospitals 16.15 miles away206 East Brown Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 421-4000
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.9 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- Newton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.04 miles away175 High St Newton New Jersey 07860Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 579-8300
- St Luke's Hospital - Monroe CampusAcute Care Hospitals 19.78 miles away100 St Luke's Lane Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18360Voluntary non-profit - Private(272) 212-1000
- Physicians Dialysis Hackettstown7.8 miles away657 Willow Grove Street Suite 202 West Wing Medical Plaza Hackettstown New Jersey 07840Dialysis Stations: 14 (908) 684-0630
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr14.91 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Davita Renal Ctr Succasunna16.18 miles away175 Righter Road Succasunna New Jersey 07876Dialysis Stations: 12 (973) 584-3294
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Stroudsburg16.7 miles away125 South Courtland Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 14 (570) 476-1606
- Davita - Eagle Valley16.76 miles away166 Eagles Glen Plaza East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 424-5307
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt17.12 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center18.46 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton18.64 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278