Warren Barr Lolnshire is a large facility in Lincolnshire, Illinois. With an A- overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the United States. Based on our assessment, you can not go wrong here. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Warren Barr Lolnshire
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end resume, this facility also was awarded a strong short-term care score, with a grade of A-. In calculating these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Warren Barr Lolnshire?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. In determining our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a solid grade in this area, with a B-. While this was not on par with many of its other grades, it is nevertheless not a major area of concern. Our long-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 95.588234 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Warren Barr Lolnshire Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which suffered a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 87.49% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Warren Barr Lolnshire, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc1.77 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Mundelein3.51 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis5.41 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fkc - Lake Bluff5.66 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Fmc - Highland5.75 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center6.05 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center6.72 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Glen Dialysis9.3 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574