Warr Acres Nursing Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We gave this facility an overall grade of F. Based on our assessment, you would be better off to avoid of this nursing home. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Warr Acres Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Warr Acres Nursing Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we gave this nursing home an abysmal overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our nursing rating. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure as it is well below the national average. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't perform too badly in the category of short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- in that category, which turned out to be among its better grades. Short-term care scores are crucial for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Warr Acres Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to discover that this nursing home received a solid long-term care rating in our assessment. We gave it a C in that area. With our long-term care assessment, we assess the amount of care offered by a nursing home, along with some quality statistics. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home gave the vaccine to a relatively low 66.33166 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final category we looked at was inspections. Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive glowing inspection reports in recent years. As a result, we had to give it an F. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection rating. We recommend you scrutinize the level of severity of the deficiencies. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Warr Acres Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 92.49% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Some would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many would argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis0.49 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City2.98 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis2.98 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Davita - Northwest Bethany3.46 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC5.17 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita - Mid-Del Home Training6.15 miles away9320 E Reno Suite A Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 732-0744
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City6.39 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma6.7 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553