Warr Acres Nursing Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We gave this facility an overall grade of F. Based on our assessment, you would be better off to avoid of this nursing home. While this facility was awarded a single encouraging category grade for nursing, which you can find more information about below.
Warr Acres Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Warr Acres Nursing Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this nursing home an abysmal overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of long-term care, this nursing home was given a grade of just D in that category. As it turns out, this ended up being one of its best areas. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities provide. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 65.51724 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Warr Acres Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's third highest score is short-term care. As it turns out, with a grade of D in this area, it still performed relatively badly. Our short-term care grade is often employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Moving on our last category of inspections, this facility received an F here. When a place has this poor of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This particular facility was assessed 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Warr Acres Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have experienced falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 3.83% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 92.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' health.
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Warr Acres Nursing Center, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis0.49 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City2.98 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis2.98 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Davita - Northwest Bethany3.46 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC5.17 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Davita - Mid-Del Home Training6.15 miles away9320 E Reno Suite A Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 732-0744
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City6.39 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma6.7 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553