Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antoni turns out to be one of 62 facilities located in San Antonio, Texas. The city has quite a few more facilities compared to most areas in the nation. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive scores. As a matter of fact, this turned out to be quite a bit better than many of the facilities in the city. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antoni
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
5101 Medical Dr,
San Antonio TX 78229
Note: Data for Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antoni has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antoni?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses were with patients, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care score. We gave it a grade of B+ in this category, finishing off one of our better profiles. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antoni Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antoni, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for San Antonio, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Antonio, Texas has 61 other nursing homes
- Christus Santa Rosa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away2827 Babcock Road San Antonio Texas 78229Voluntary non-profit - Church(210) 704-3342
- University Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.64 miles away4502 Medical Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Government - Hospital District or Authority(210) 358-2637
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.94 miles away7700 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Proprietary(210) 575-4000
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital NwAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away9150 Huebner Rd Suite 100 San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 575-5000
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of San AntonioAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away9522 Huebner Road San Antonio Texas 78240Proprietary(210) 478-5400
- Legent Orthopedic + SpineAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away5330 North Loop 1604 West San Antonio Texas 78249Proprietary(717) 620-2424
- Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away111 Dallas Street San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 297-8256
- Children's Hospital of San AntonioChildrens 7.95 miles away333 N Santa Rosa St San Antonio Texas 78207Voluntary non-profit - Private(210) 704-3342
- Bma Northwest Bexar County0.21 miles away5131 Medical Drive Suite 110 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (210) 338-7742
- Northwest Medical Center Dialysis0.36 miles away5284 Medical Drive Suite 135 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 616-9699
- University Health System Children's Kidney Center0.61 miles away4502 Medical Drive Ms 111-1 San Antonio Texas 78229Dialysis Stations: 8 (210) 358-8309
- Floyd Curl Dialysis1.14 miles away9238 Floyd Curl Drive, Suite 102 San Antonio Texas 78240Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 561-4373
- Kidney Treatment Center Northwest Pa1.63 miles away3939 Medical Drive Suite 110 San Antonio Texas 78229Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 692-3075
- Lockehill Kidney Disease Clinic1.65 miles away10134 Huebner Road San Antonio Texas 78240Dialysis Stations: 15 (210) 641-6000
- Usrc Medical Center, LLC1.81 miles away4511 Nw Loop 410 San Antonio Texas 78229CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (210) 541-0273
- Us Renal Care Bandera Road Dialysis2.68 miles away7831 Westchase San Antonio Texas 78238Dialysis Stations: 25 (210) 682-1300