Warde Health Center is in Windham, New Hampshire. This facility is one of the top nursing homes we looked at. In fact, it received our most impressive score. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top two percent of all nursing homes in the country. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category ratings, which look to be just as impressive as its overall score.
Warde Health Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
21 Searles Road,
Windham NH 03087
81.25% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Very few facilities fared as well in this category. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home excelled in our long-term care category. We awarded them an elite grade of A+ in this area. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the factors we considered after this nursing home's above average nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are a great way to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for seniors. Lastly, we looked at the facility's number of hospitalizations. With 1.83 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility is just about middle of the pack in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Warde Health Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing category analyzes quite a few components, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This place offers extremely high levels of nursing care, averaging 4.3 hours per patient daily. This is more nursing care than nearly any other place provides. Lastly, this facility also excelled in several quality-based metrics we looked at. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility received a highly favorable short-term care grade. We awarded it a grade of A in this category, giving this facility straight A's. Short-term care grades are often employed to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. This nursing home provides more services with physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is usually a favorable sign. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in New Hampshire in this area with 58.8 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Warde Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Warde Health Center, 6.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Warde Health Center, 5.23% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Warde Health Center, 2.97% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Warde Health Center, 17.25% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Warde Health Center, 17.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Warde Health Center, 5.66% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Warde Health Center, 95.56% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Warde Health Center, 19.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Warde Health Center, 24.87% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Warde Health Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Warde Health Center, 24.87 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Warde Health Center, 11.97 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Warde Health Center, 77.37% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.68 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.61 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Versailles Dialysis LLC2.56 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc2.99 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley7.19 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900
- Fresenius Medical Care of Methuen8.02 miles away421 Merrimack Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Dialysis Stations: 21 (978) 975-3117
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry8.75 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Davita Derry Dialysis8.75 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home9.71 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Davita Nashua Dialysis10.66 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665