Warde Senior Living is the only nursing home we were able to find in Windham, New Hampshire. This facility is among the most impressive facilities we found. In fact, it received the very best grade. We were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the top 500 nursing homes in the nation. As you will see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category grades. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Warde Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
21 Searles Road,
Windham NH 03087
94.68% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
Best Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its strong accomplishments in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for our long-term care rating. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 97.14286 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Warde Senior Living?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this facility also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that category. This finalized truly elite report card. Our short-term care scores are vital for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Warde Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Warde Senior Living, 6.48% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Warde Senior Living, 5.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Warde Senior Living, 2.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Warde Senior Living, 16.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Warde Senior Living, 14.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Warde Senior Living, 6.23% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Warde Senior Living, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Warde Senior Living, 18.44% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Warde Senior Living, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Warde Senior Living, 1.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Warde Senior Living, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Warde Senior Living, 81.87% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.68 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.61 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Versailles Dialysis LLC2.56 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc2.99 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley7.19 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900
- Fresenius Medical Care of Methuen8.02 miles away421 Merrimack Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Dialysis Stations: 21 (978) 975-3117
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry8.75 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Davita Derry Dialysis8.75 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home9.71 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Davita Nashua Dialysis10.66 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665